The new year is here and now is the perfect time to look at what home décor trends will be big in 2018. Pantone already announced the color of year as Ultra Violet, which exudes originality and forward thinking. A color that inspires imagination has us exploring the most inventive home décor trends.
We’ve included the top five trends for 2018:
- High Contrast Palettes: Matchy-matchy is out and contrast is in for 2018. Going bold with one palette and then softening it with white or another neutral color in the same room is a big trend, according to House Beautiful.
- Accents that Pop: Speaking of bold, jewel tones and brass accents will be very popular in 2018. Country Living notes that designers are moving away from lots of white and stainless steel to more colorful and eye-catching accents. The vintage look will be huge!
- Going Green: Bringing natural elements into the home has been an enduring trend in recent years and will remain a hot design in 2018. A slight twist, however, that Refinery 29 is seeing includes using patterned plants to add more texture. These plants can become quite the conversation starter!
- Embrace Imperfection: Perhaps our favorite trend is the idea of “wabi sabi,” a Japanese concept that celebrates imperfection. The Huffington Post notes that we’re moving away from the “perfect” home décor to a more authentic style that recognizes and celebrates the imperfections in life. We love it!
- More Color: As you may have picked up, bold and bright colors are going to be a common theme in 2018. The Washington Post shares the top 10 homes décor trends collected from Houzz and topping the list is more color in the kitchen. Adding color helps spaces feel warm and welcoming, so we’re all for it!
We believe it’s how you live that matters and refreshing your home décor can help renew and energize you. Home is the place we should feel most comfortable and happy. These top home décor trends can get your home ready for the new year!
Most importantly, remember to embrace your personal style and have fun. What are your favorite home trends? Share with us on Facebook!