The warmer weather and longer days are finally here and we could not be more excited! It’s great to see all of the trees and flowers in bloom and the beautiful yards and landscaping around our communities. We’ve collected some of our favorite spring cleaning tips that are quick and easy so you can spend more time having fun. After all, it’s how you live that matters! Check out some of these simple tasks that will make a big difference:
- Closet Purge: A clean closet means a clean home! Now is the time to sort through your clothes and decide which ones you’ll want to keep or donate. Our Charter Colony, Rutland, Providence, and White Hall communities are all hosting Spring Yard Sales in May. Keep an eye out for yard sale tips coming soon.
- Sanitize: This is mainly for the kitchen and bathroom, but do a thorough cleaning of your kitchen sink, counters, inside the microwave, dishwasher, oven, and the entire bathroom. Did you know that your kitchen sink has more bacteria than your toilet seat? To disinfect, clean with soap and water first, they spray a mist of vinegar followed by a mist of hydrogen peroxide, and let air-dry.
- Wash the Windows: Vacuum the inside panes, screens and window frame with a vacuum.
- Empty the Fridge and Pantry: When was the last time you did a thorough cleaning of your pantry? Pull out all of your food and toss anything that’s past its prime. Wipe down and deodorize shelves and walls.
- Replace Filters: Outside air-conditioning units, clothes dryers and refrigerators all have filters that need to be cleaned regularly. Spring cleaning is the perfect time to swap out those filters!
There are a ton of helpful apps that will assist you with your spring cleaning process. One of our favorite is Cleaning Checklist, which is an app that helps you organize and manage household cleaning tasks, activities and chores. Feel free to share any spring cleaning suggestions and secrets you have with us and we’ll share them on our Facebook page. Be sure to check out our Pinterest page for some of our other favorite tips and tricks too. Happy spring cleaning!