September is here, which means it’s time to break out the sweaters, football jerseys, and the pumpkin spiced lattes! This season is a special time in Richmond and Williamsburg because there are so many exciting Fall events and festivals to attend all month long. Check out some of our favorite September events in Richmond and Williamsburg that you won’t want to miss!
- Fall Fun Fest in Providence (September 9): Come spend the evening at the Providence Pavilion in Hanover County for a fun Fall Festival! Bring a folding chair or picnic blanket and enjoy s’mores around the fire pit, face painting, music, a vendor fair, bounce house, a magic show, and entertainment by Jonathan Austin. It’s going to be a blast!
- RVA Street Art Festival (September 11-15): Some of the world’s best street artists show off will show off their skills at the RVA Street Art Festival! Watch local and artists from around the country paint original murals on the walls of the bus barn on West Cary Street.
- Fall Festival at Chesterfield Berry Farm (September 21-October 31): Enjoy the perfect Fall day with pumpkin picking, hayrides, an 8-acre corn maze, wagon train rides, and so much more on weekends from September 21st to October 31st. It’s a fun time for everyone and is close by to Charter Colony!
- Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens (September 23-October 30): With the beginning of Fall also comes the beginning of the annual Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens! Enter (if you dare) to haunted houses, scary live shows, immersive “Terror-tories,” and more in Williamsburg.
- State Fair of Virginia (September 27-October 6): Thrilling rides, fried food, pig races, and spending time with neighbors is what you’ll experience at the State Fair of Virginia at Meadow Event Park!
We’d love to see all of the fun that you’re having around your local community this month. Send us your favorite pictures on our Facebook page and we’ll be sure to share and give you a shout out!