Spring and summer tend to be the busiest seasons to buy a new home and the task can be daunting for anyone. Important factors like location, amenities, price, and home features play critical roles in choosing your new home. We understand these challenges and want to make the process easier for home buyers. This should be a fun and exciting process!
We want to provide helpful resources about the benefits of owning a single family home. At HHHunt Communities, we know that there are advantages to many different types of homes, which is why our master-planned communities typically offer a variety of home styles as well as price ranges. In today’s post, we examine some of the advantages of owning a single family home, including:
- Stylish and Customized Options: One of the great aspects of owning a new single family home is just that – it’s new! And, you can make selections that will turn it into something that is your very own. Some new homes in our communities offer a variety of customization options, from the type of materials used and layout of the home to special features. New home design continues to evolve so there are always many fresh and exciting home styles and features from which to choose!
- Range of Pricing: There is such a wonderful variety of single family home styles, sizes, and designs, it makes it even easier to find the home that fits your needs at the price that’s right for you. Additionally, home ownership offers many benefits, the least of which is tax advantages.
Sense of Community: Living in a single family home, especially in a master-planned community, means that you can also access all the community amenities, such as clubhouses, pools, walking trails, neighborhood events, etc. We hear such wonderful stories of neighbors in our communities becoming life-long friends!
- Room for Everyone: One of the most popular reasons that families choose single family homes is because of the space they offer. Many of the new home designs emphasize openness and flexible living spaces. Whether you’re looking to accommodate a growing or expanding family, enjoy entertaining, or need room for a home office, single family homes offer a lot of space and flexibility.
- Cost Savings: The cost savings that come from purchasing a new home are well-documented. Energy efficient building standards and appliances can help save on those monthly heating and AC bills. Modern construction techniques can extend the life of a home and reduce maintenance costs for home upkeep. Studies from the National Association of Home Builders have found that that homes built before 1960 have average maintenance costs of $564 a year, while a home built after 2008 averages $241. Similarly, operating costs average nearly 5% of the home’s value for pre-1960 structures, while they average less than 3% with new homes. Those savings definitely add up over time!
We think that single family homes are a great option for many people and believe we offer some of the best choices in the following communities:
- Rutland in Hanover County
- Providence in Hanover County
- Charter Colony in Chesterfield County
- Ellington and Ellington Woods in Henrico County
- Westin Estates in Henrico County
- White Hall in Williamsburg
Plan a visit today to see if a home in one of these communities is right for you! Plus, keep checking back on the blog for more resourceful tips on home ownership. In the meantime, happy house hunting and remember to start your search at https://hhhuntcommunities.com/.