Summer is here and it’s the perfect time to take advantage of the blooming flowers and leaves to create your next DIY masterpiece for your home! A fun art project that you can get the while family involved in is creating nature prints. It’s simple and inexpensive to create, and will look great in any room in your home. Follow the steps below to make your own DIY nature print:
- Step 1: Gather all of the materials needed for the project. You’ll need a white canvas, a background color of paint, spray paint, a small paintbrush and the leaf/flower that will be spray painted.
- Step 2: Cover your canvas with a background color of acrylic paint. This color is going to be the focal point of the piece. In this case, the background color is a turquoise blue. Make sure to use a bright color that really pops against the spray paint color. Let the paint dry.
- Step 3: Place your greenery flat on the canvas and position in a way that all of the greenery is on the canvas.
- Step 4: Once you’re happy with the position of your greenery, it’s time to spray paint! Place your spray paint a couple feet away from the canvas and spray an even coat across the entire canvas. Let it dry for 30 seconds, then remove the leaf or flower.
- Step 5: Display your new artwork in your home!
Isn’t this art project fun? Check out our Pinterest page for even more creative DIY artwork. Spending time making memories with family, friends, and neighbors is the perfect way to highlight how you live this summer. It’s time to show off your crafting skills!