Nestled in Ashland, Virginia, Providence is the perfect community to enjoy all that Richmond has to offer! Nicknamed the “Center of the Universe” by the warm and welcoming locals, the Town of Ashland offers plenty to see and do all within minutes of Providence. Even though Ashland is a town of only 7.12 square miles, there are so many benefits to living in the beautiful area.
Recreation & Entertainment
- Washington Lacy Park: As Hanover’s first equestrian-friendly park, the Washington Lacy Park is a popular spot all year long! The 216-acre park was created by the Friends of Hanover Trails, a non-profit citizens’ group promoting conservation of natural, scenic and recreational resources of trails within Hanover County.
- Kings Dominion: Take a short drive down Interstate-95 to ride the best rollercoasters and leisure rides in Virginia! In October, Kings Dominion is famous for their “Halloween Haunt,” where the entire park is turned into a hauntingly scary attraction.
- Patrick Henry YMCA: Located in Providence, homeowners have access to the Patrick Henry YMCA and can enjoy the workout facilities, pool, organized events, and more.
- Hanover Public Schools: Children in Providence attend Kersey Creek Elementary School, Oak Knoll Middle School, and Hanover High School. Forbes Magazine recently named Hanover County as one of the top 50 counties in the nation for scholastic achievement!
- Ashland Volunteer Rescue Squad & Hanover Emergency Center: The local hospitals, fire and rescue squads, and other emergency services are right down the street from Providence. In case of an emergency, you are only a short drive away from help.
- Ashland Farmer’s Market: Held every May to October, the Ashland Farmer’s Market is always full of fresh and local veggies, herbs, fruits, berries, fresh cut flowers, honey, baked goods, and more. You can also purchase the famous Hanover tomatoes at the Ashland Farmer’s Market too!
We believe it’s how you live that matters, and the outstanding local community and neighborhood amenities are what makes Providence a great place to create new memories with loved ones. We invite you to join the VIP list for the new section and to learn more about Providence and Ashland on our website.