Memorial Day is fast approaching and with it the unofficial beginning of summer – and that includes pool season! Many of our beautiful master-planned communities include community pools, such as Charter Colony, Dominion Park at Wyndham, Ellington at Wyndham, and Ellington Woods at Wyndham. As inviting as the community pools are, it is important to always practice pool safety. Here are our top pool safety tips for this summer:
- Follow posted rules in the pool area and instructions from lifeguards. Make sure to check the posted rules or find a lifeguard before swimming.
- Swimming lessons are valuable for children and are recommended to begin by age 4, according to the American Association of Pediatrics.
- Inviting guests to join you at the pool is fun but remember to check guest policies for your community.
- Pool hours vary from one community to another. Make sure to check the posted pool hours or with your local community team to confirm.
- Young children should never be left unattended at the pool and should have constant supervision. It’s also important to swim with a buddy!
Community pools offer fun places to relax, escape the heat, gather for events and spend time with friends and neighbors. We believe it’s how you live that matters and want to ensure your summer is fun and safe with these tips. For additional pool safety tips, visit the Red Cross website. We can’t wait to see homeowners making lasting memories at the pool this summer!