Richmond Comes Alive with Great Music, Food, and Fun During the Fall
The first day of Fall is officially on Monday, but the Richmond region is already abuzz with festival activity. At HHHunt Communities, we believe it’s how you live that matters and are enthusiastic supporters of hometown events. Fall is one of the best seasons in Richmond because there are festivals for everyone to enjoy! From live music events to international food celebrations, you can find it all here in the River City. Check out our guide to some of the best upcoming festivals:
- Richmond Folk Festival: The 15th Annual Richmond Folk Festival kicks-off on October 11th along Richmond’s riverfront. The free event has grown into one of Virginia’s largest, drawing visitors from all over the world. This year’s performers include musicians from Scotland, Belize, and Austria along with many others.
- Powhatan’s Festival of the Grape: Love wine? Powhatan’s Festival of the Grape is for you! Enjoying its 17th year, this fun festival celebrates all the reds, whites and rosés that Virginia wineries have to offer. The family-friendly event includes a host of activities and games for kids as well as food truck vendors.
- RVA Street Eats Fall Festival: This annual event benefiting the ACCA Shriners combines local food, wineries, craft beers and craft vendors all in one location. Kids age 12 and under are FREE and can enjoy bounce houses and other activities in the Children’s Activity Area.
- 2nd Street Festival: If music is your thing, then we have the perfect event for you! In its 31st year, the 2nd Street Festival celebrates the rich culture of the historic Jackson Ward neighborhood. Highlights include four stages of live musical entertainment along with a KIDZ Zone, popular food vendors, a marketplace and Artists Row for shopping, and cars from the Richmond Metropolitan Antique Car Club on display.
- Oktoberfest at Lewis Ginter: There is no better way to enjoy the colors of the season than by visiting Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for Oktoberfest. Taking place on October 26th, this will be filled with live music by the Bellevue Rhythmaires, excellent games and prizes, all included in Garden admission. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
The Fall has arrived in RVA and there is so much for you and your family to do. We hope to see you around the River City!