Make the Holidays Less Stressful
The countdown to the holidays is officially on! With Thanksgiving just two weeks away, getting ready for this gathering can seem overwhelming. Don’t stress because we’ve got you covered with our favorite Thanksgiving hacks.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Fridge: We’ve all been there when hosting Thanksgiving and holiday parties – no room in the fridge! The Food Network has a great Thanksgiving tip to use an ice chest/cooler as a fridge. Pull out salad dressings, ketchup, and other bottles that take up space to make room for holiday food.
- Keep the Gravy Warm: Trying to time everything can be a challenge. Another great Food Network tip is if you make the gravy early, don’t just let it sit out. Put in a thermos and then pour into the gravy boat a few minutes before serving.
- Easy and Festive Décor: We can get so focused on the food around Thanksgiving that we neglect the decorations. Making Lemonade Blog has 25 great Thanksgiving hacks, including simple and inspired table décor. We especially love the ideas of pumpkin/walnut centerpieces and rustic placemats.
- Potatoes in the Dishwasher: One of our all-time favorite hacks is an easy way to wash a lot of potatoes at once. You can just put them in the dishwasher. It works (without soap, of course) and saves a ton of time! Another great potato tip from BuzzFeed is to use the microwave instead of boiling the potatoes.
- Holiday Punch for the Win: Trying to coordinate everyone’s drink of choice can be a stressful task in and of itself. Skip the hassle and make a holiday punch for all to enjoy. As Delish notes, crafty cocktails are sure to generate compliments.
We believe it’s how you live that matters and Thanksgiving is an ideal time to come together in unity and make lasting memories as we express gratitude for all the blessings in life.
We hope these Thanksgiving hacks help. Don’t forget to share your holiday tips on our Facebook page.