Many Great Events to Recognize Independence Day
The July 4th holiday is here and we’re ready to celebrate! We believe it’s how you live that matters and enjoying the holiday with friends, family, and neighbors is an important way to create lasting memories.
We love living and working in the Richmond and Williamsburg regions and there are so many events around Independence Day! With all these options, it can be hard to decide what to do. We’re here to help!
Here are our favorite Fourth of July events in Richmond and Williamsburg:
July 4th in Richmond
- CarMax Free Fourth of July: Enjoy free admission all day (9am – 5pm) at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. Celebrate the Fourth by enjoying the gardens, Butterflies LIVE!, and Wild Art, a Journey Off-Canvas. Visitors are encouraged to wear red, white, and blue and bring their wagons and strollers to decorate for a parade in the Children’s Garden.
- Red, White, and Lights: If you’re looking for lots of Fourth of July celebrations and an alternative to noisy fireworks, Henrico County’s “Red, White, and Lights” event is perfect for you. Starting at 4pm at the Meadow Farm Museum at Crump Park, you can enjoy a spectacular evening celebrating independence and honoring America’s veterans. There will be patriotic activities for the whole family, food trucks, and a performance by the Richmond Symphony with a laser light show finale.
- Dogwood Dell Fourth of July Celebration: The big fireworks show in Richmond happens at Dogwood Dell. Celebrate Independence Day with Carillon bells and the Richmond Concert Band before the spectacular fireworks extravaganza.
July 4th in Williamsburg
- Busch Gardens Fireworks Spectacular: Come for the rides and stay for the Fireworks Spectacular this year! Busch Gardens in Williamsburg will celebrate the Fourth on both July 3rd and July 4th starting at 9:30pm.
- Colonial Williamsburg Celebration: We can’t think of many other places we’d rather celebrate the Fourth of July than in the location where our country first began. Colonial Williamsburg has a number of patriotic events, including a reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th followed by the “Lights of Freedom” show and then fireworks. All events take place on the beautiful Palace Green.
- Patriotic Movie: There are lots of feature films about America and movies of various points in our history. But few films capture the birth of the United States like the movie musical “1776.” Viewing the movie is a great way to celebrate and have fun with history. You can enjoy the film at a special screening on the afternoon of July 4th at Williamsburg’s Kimball Theater.
We hope everyone enjoys the holiday! Don’t forget to share your Fourth of July celebrations with us on Facebook.