Start 2017 Off On The Right Foot
2017 is right around the corner, and with the new year comes another round of New Year’s resolutions! Yet, many of us break our goals after the first couple months of the New Year. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you create New Year’s resolutions that will stick:
- Make it Something You Really Want: You’re going to put more effort into a resolution that you are passionate about. Take some time to review the different areas in your life and think about what is working well and what isn’t.
- Be Specific: Goals need to be specific in order to be effective. Instead of saying, “I’m going to eat out at restaurants less,” instead create a goal that is measurable, such as “I’m going to eat out only once every other week.” Track your progress in a journal or with an online app.
- Make One Change at A Time: Rather than starting with one daunting goal, create a series of smaller steps to make it more attainable. For instance, if your resolution is to begin exercising regularly, begin slowly by taking a walk around the neighborhood three times a week. Then slowly build up your goal until you are exercising in some form daily.
- Congratulate Yourself: Pat yourself on the back when you accomplish one of your goals! It’s important to give yourself that self-assurance and reward yourself for all your hard work.
- Don’t Give Up: You’ve got this! Your support system of family, friends, and neighbors will help you achieve your goal. For some extra motivation and inspiration, we encourage you to download the Coach.me app. Keep up the good work!
What are some of your New Year’s resolutions? We’d love for you to share on our Facebook page! We believe it’s how you live that matters and hope you have a great time celebrating the start to 2017 with friends, family, and neighbors. Happy New Year!