Who’s ready for the first snowfall of the season this weekend? Many homeowners in our communities around Richmond and Williamsburg are excited. Make your snow day a fun time to spend with friends and neighbors with these creative ideas!
- Host a Hot Chocolate Social: Get together for a neighborhood-wide hot chocolate social! You could also hold a friendly competition to see who brings the best hot chocolate. These hot chocolate recipes are delicious and the perfect way to warm you up!
- Have a Snowman Building Contest: Make a snow man or a snow castle or even a snow monster! Holding a snowman building competition for the kids and another for the adults is an exciting way to get everyone in the neighborhood involved in the festivities.
- Go Sledding: Sledding has winter fun written all over it! Gather together and join some fun on local hills. You can even see who is fastest sledding down a hill. If you don’t have a sled you can create an easy make-shift sled. Make sure that safety comes first and you’re sledding with others in a well-lit area away from roads!
- Snow Paint: Combine water and food coloring in squirt bottles and become a snow Picasso. Don’t forget to take pictures of your masterpieces!
- Hold a Winter Play: Mix things up by celebrating your snow day in your Halloween costumes! Break out the Halloween gear and put on a play. It can be about anything and is a great way to get creative. Another option is playing in the snow as a witch, superhero, or princess, which can be a lot of fun!
We believe it’s how you live that matters, and we would love to see how you’re spending your snow day by entering our Snow Day Photo Contest! Submit your pictures on our Facebook page before January 25th for the chance to win an awesome winter prize. Stay safe and have an amazing snow day!