Fall is here and it’s one of our favorite seasons! It’s time to put on your fall boots, hop on some hayrides, and go pumpkin picking around the Richmond and Williamsburg regions! We love this time of year and there are so many ways to enjoy fall festivities. We’ve listed some of our favorites below! The best part? All of these fun fall events are close to our centrally located communities.
Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and Hayrides
- Ashland Berry Farms: Enjoy free hayrides to the pumpkin fields from 10am to 5pm at Ashland Berry Farms! You can pick out your own perfect pumpkin to decorate, and you can even pay an “all you can carry fee” of $20 to pick up an unlimited amount of pumpkins. Think of all of the pumpkin pie you can make! This year, the farm is also home to a scary haunted house and a “Nightmare Gift Shop,” just in time for Halloween!
- Gallmeyer Farms: This fun farm in the Richmond area is hosting free hayrides, a hay maze, live music, arts and crafts, and of course, a pumpkin patch! They also have spooky house tours, a straw bale maze, and a romping pile!
- Berkeley Plantation: Bring the family out to Berkeley Plantation near Williamsburg to explore the colorful autumn gardens, pick a pumpkin, and find your way through their corn maze!
- Chesterfield Berry Farm: Pick your own pumpkin during the day and attend the Total Terror Scream Park at night! Every Friday and Saturday night in October, you can enjoy the Dark Harvest Corn Maze, Total Terror Haunted Trail, the Pear Orchard Asylum, and more.
- Yorktown Market Days Fall Festival: Come out to enjoy hayrides, children’s games, a pumpkin patch, face paint, live entertainment, and more at Yorktown Market Days near Williamsburg on October 10th from 9am to 3pm!
- Hanover Vegetable Farm: Hit up the pumpkin patch at the Hanover Vegetable Farm for their Fall Festival on October 17th! The farm will have a live band, BBQ, wine tastings from James River Cellars Winery, and funnel cakes and fried Oreos for sale. Sounds like fun!
- Scott’s Addition Pumpkin Festival: Check out pumpkin-themed food, music and a harvest festival for some inspiration on your next pumpkin recipe on October 24th from noon to 6pm on the Boulevard in Scott’s Addition in Richmond!
- Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream and Kings Dominion Halloween Haunt: Get into the fall and Halloween spirit by attending Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream or Kings Dominion Halloween Haunt all month long. Both parks feature haunted houses and becomes a scary place at night!
- Growl-o-Ween: Let’s not forget about our four-legged family members! Grab your dog and your Halloween costume to celebrate Halloween in style at the Center of the Universe Bier Garden in Richmond! There will be dog tricks, dog costume contests, and more. All proceeds from the event go towards The Friends of Hanover Dog Parks and the Hanover Humane Society.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch has a great list of local pumpkin patches, corn mazes, hayrides, and fall festivals in Richmond. It’s worth checking out!
Interested in attending any of these events? You could win tickets to some of the activities mentioned above by participating in our Fall Photo Contest! Submit your photos by October 19th to win passes to Halloween Haunt or one of the farms. Show us How You Live this fall and celebrate with HHHunt Communities. Learn more about our Fall Photo Contest on our blog and submit your photo on our Facebook page. We hope you have a great time with your neighbors and friends this season!