The new school year is here! Who’s excited? Children and parents at our communities are getting ready for the 2015-2016 school year and are looking forward to a year full of possibilities! In addition to gathering books, notebooks, pencils, and rulers, it’s also just as important to prepare delicious, unique, and healthy lunches to support learning. Skip the same traditional sandwiches and upgrade to these outside-the-lunch-box surprises:
- Ants on a Log: A fun snack that students will love are the famous Ants on a Log. All you need are celery sticks, peanut butter, and raisins to make this unique and quick treat. Yum!
- Take-to-School Taco Bar: Surprise your student with a do-it-yourself taco bar that fits into a lunch box! Include shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, ground beef, and any other toppings into a multi-compartment lunch box. Your child will have so much fun making a one-of-a-kind taco that his or her classmates will be envious over!
- Nutella and Banana Sandwiches: Nutella and bananas are the perfect combo for a tasty and sweet treat. Spread Nutella on top of whole wheat sliced bread, arrange sliced bananas on top, drizzle a small amount of honey, and voila!
At HHHunt Communities, we’re proud that all of our communities are located in top school districts. We believe it’s how you live that matters and convenient locations to great schools is an important part of life. Our location in top school districts is also one of the most cited reasons that homeowners choose an HHHunt community!
Also, don’t forget to review the schedules for your local school district and they have lots of helpful tips too:
- Hanover County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Williamsburg and James City County Public Schools
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
Good luck with the new school year. We know you’ll do great!