It’s the most wonderful time of the year… at least for parents! That’s right, it’s back to school time. Each August, we see all the stores decked out with folders, notebooks, pens and pencils, and all the other necessary school supplies. Parents and kids roam the aisles with lists of what’s needed.
At HHHunt Communities, we’re proud that all of our communities are located in award-winning school districts. Our homeowners and their children enjoy access to some of the best schools in the country! As you get ready for the start of a new school year, here are five sets of helpful tips:
- Department of Education: Great advice about getting kids ready for another school year, including the importance of a good night sleep and healthy meals.
- PBS: The network offers some useful insight to make the transition back to school easy for your kids, including meeting the new teacher and easing into the school year routine.
- Scholastic: The children’s publisher has a ton of resources that cover a variety of topics, such as creating a kid-friendly workstation at home and how to deal with siblings attending the same school.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): School is about more than just books, and the AAP takes a closer look at health and safety tips for kids.
- Real Simple: Not sure what your scholar will need on the first day? Here’s a helpful checklist that covers all grades and gives you a good foundation for school supplies.
Finally, don’t forget to review the schedules for your local school. Below is a list of public school districts that serve our communities:
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Hanover County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Williamsburg and James City County Public Schools
Good luck with the back to school rush!