Halloween is only a two weeks away and there are lots of fun and spooky activities for the entire family! There are so many options in the Richmond and Williamsburg areas that we choose our Top 5 Favorite Halloween activities to share:
- Pick the Perfect Pumpkin: Central Virginia boasts a number of festive pumpkin patches that feature lots of great activities. From choosing your own pumpkin to building a scarecrow, there is something for everyone!
- Roller Coasters and Scares: At night Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and Kings Dominion in Hanover County are transformed into Halloween-themed amusement parks full of adventures and frights! Busch Gardens’ Howl-O-Scream and Kings Dominion’s Halloween Haunt are the perfect places to get in the Halloween spirit. A number of the rides remain open and the parks add Halloween amusements, including haunted houses and much more.
- Haunted Hayrides and Trails: Want to get spooked after dark? There are great choices for you too! A number of haunted adventures are open in the weeks leading to Halloween and there offer varying degrees of fright. Please note that some activities, especially at night, may be too scary for young children.
- Colonial Williamsburg Ghost Tour: We all are familiar with Colonial Williamsburg, but do we know the whole story? Daily ghost tours in the evening take participants along the cobblestone streets to hear about the ghosts that still haunt the taverns and historic buildings of Colonial Williamsburg. This event is family-friendly is wheelchair and stroller-friendly.
- Providence Open House: It’s not directly related to Halloween, but our Providence community in Ashland is having a festive Open House on Sunday from 3pm-5pm! There will be lots of fun for all, including pumpkin decorating stations and delicious treats.
We hope you get a chance to check out some of these activities. What a great way to get in the Halloween spirit and create cherished memories! The best part? All of these events are close to our centrally located communities – including Charter Colony, Ellington, Providence, Rutland, Westin Estates and White Hall – and just a quick drive for our homeowners.
Remember to have fun this Halloween season because it’s how you live that matters!